Steam therapy is an effective treatment for conditions such as mild depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, nicotine addiction, hypertension, chronic pain, respiratory conditions, and cardiovascular disease.
Other health benefits include:
- Relieving tension buildup and various forms of stress.
- Soothing and relaxing muscles.
- Stabilizing emotional mood.
- Relieving ailments such as arthritis, muscle pains, joint pains and other body pains.
- Reducing weight. However, medical experts say this is only temporary as the loss is all water weight and will be back after replenishing body fluids.
- Releasing toxins and other negative energies.
- Regulating and stimulating blood flow.
- Boosting metabolism.
- Making skin looks fresh, young and healthy.
Heat emitted from steam rooms may not be suitable for asthma and heart problem patients; also it is best to bath in cool water after steaming and then apply lotion to avoid drying of skin.